Download the new Pelahatchie smartphone app today! Available for iPhone and Android.
Discover Pelahatchie, Mississippi, The Place to Prosper. One of Rankin County’s best kept secrets! Discover places like a local with information about businesses, restaurants, places to worship, recreation and other local attractions. Use the app to find phone numbers and hours of operation. Access local webpages for up to date information on happenings around town. Locate business nearest you using your phone GPS or discover them on your own from anywhere. Experience what makes Pelahatchie such a great place to visit and “The Place to Prosper.”
• Get the latest information every time you log on with an internet connection
• No Signal? Use the App offline
• Map business locations on the fly without an internet or Wi-Fi connection
• Find the best local restaurants and attractions
• Map your current location in contrast to local businesses
• Find local Healthcare and Pharmacies
• Use links to local business webpages for more information
• Find local government resources
How to use:
Just follow your nose. Each feature is clickable and intuitive.
Initial Screen is just a splash screen. Once that is clicked you will see a list of categories. Each a list of businesses and places in that category. Clicking on each place expands the image and provides some further details. Clicking the down chevron on the top right of the screen reveals a map of the location.
Milltown Park Co-Ed Softball Tournament
When – Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016
Time – 8 a.m.
Where – Milltown Park – 514 Grimes Street – Pelahatchie
For further information call Jennifer Poole 601- 503-0332
Fee – $150 per team
Pelahatchie Baptist Church D – Vine 5K Fun Run/Walk
Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016
7 a.m. – Registration
7:30 a.m. – 5K Run/Walk
8:30 a.m. – Fun Run
- 5K Proceeds Benefit Pelahatchie Baptist Church Youth Fund
Mayor Knox Ross, Jr.
Saturday, Aug. 20 @ 8:00 a.m.
Pelahatchie Baptist Church – Tickets – $5
• Invocation – Pastor Douglas McMahon, Sr – Greater Works Community Outreach Ministry
- Pledge of Allegiance –
- Mayor Knox Ross, Jr.
- National Anthem – Judy Rhodes Davis
- Breakfast – Eggs, homemade biscuits, bacon/sausage, fruit, and Muscadine jelly
- Entertainment – Judy Rhodes Davis
- Welcome/recognition of elected officials – Knox Ross, Jr.
- Guest Speaker – Judy Moon Denso
- Door Prizes
- Benediction – Rev. Guy Hughes
Pelahatchie City Hall 601-854-5224
VENDOR GUIDELINES FOR MUSCADINE JUBILEE 2016
Guidelines for all vendors are listed below. These guidelines will be strictly enforced. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Do not set up your booth area until you have been checked in by a Booth Committee member and they have shown you your designated spot and allotted footage. This will allow you as a vendor to make sure that you are in the appropriate location and keep confusion to a minimum. If you set up in the wrong location, the Booth Committee will have to ask you to dismantle your booth and relocate to the appropriate space, even if it means moving just a foot or slightly more. Booths are connected to one another; therefore, it leaves no room for vendors to shift or take up additional space that they did not purchase.
- The Muscadine Jubilee is not responsible for helping vendors load or unload their booth equipment or merchandise. We are happy to help vendors in any way possible with their booth needs; however, the setup of each booth is the full responsibility of that vendor and must be done during the allotted times and by the guidelines set within. If additional arrangements need to be made for booth setup or dismantle, please see the Muscadine Jubilee Booth Committee for assistance.
- There is absolutely NO PARKING allowed in the vendor booth area. There will be no designated parking area for vendors either. Parking is on a first come, first serve basis for vendors and citizens alike in the public parking areas. If you need a parking space close to the vendor section, please come early in an attempt to accommodate your needs. The Muscadine Jubilee will not hold parking spaces for anyone.
- All vendors, whether you sell a product or not, and even if you are a non-profit organization, must complete a Mississippi State Tax Form. Forms will also be available at the Muscadine Jubilee Hospitality Booth. This form must be turned in to the Muscadine Jubilee Committee before you leave the event.
- No vendor is allowed to have weapons or harmful, obscene, or sexually explicit products of any kind or products, actual or fake, that encourage or replicate the use of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs or any other substances that are illegal for people 21 years of age or younger for sale or show at the event. There will also be no racial or discriminatory actions or promotions of any kind. This is a “family festival” and the Muscadine Jubilee Committee reserves the right to shut down any vendor that they feel has not abided by these rules; refunds will not be given.
- There will NOT be any ice for sale by the Muscadine Jubilee Committee. If you need ice, other arrangements will need to be made.
- Your booth size measures 10×12 or 10×20. All tent stakes, trailer hitches and any other obstacles from you booth must be inside your booth area…not your neighbor’s. The Muscadine Jubilee Booth Committee does not sale additional footage for booth spaces. If you need additional space outside of your booth area, you must purchase additional booth spaces at the regular booth price to accommodate your needs.
- No vendor is allowed to move booth spaces without prior consent of the Muscadine Jubilee Booth Committee. If a vendor has been found to have moved spots without prior consent, the Booth Committee will ask that vendor to relocate to their original assigned space or possibly leave the event without refund. We have made every attempt to put you in a good location; however, the Booth Committee is the only body that can make booth arrangements and reserves the right to change your booth location without notification.
- All purchased booth spaces must be utilized by the person or company that has purchased that booth. If you intend to allow another person or company to sell items from your booth, you must provide an application for them or their company so that the Muscadine Jubilee Committee will have their vendor information and product information for reference. All vendors are responsible for turning in their own sales tax forms upon leaving the Muscadine Jubilee event.
- Vendors are responsible for tents, chairs or any other items that you may need.
We look forward to seeing you at the Muscadine Jubilee. Should you have any questions, please contact City Hall at 601-854-5224
Muscadine Vendor Application
The Service Station
Walter Hudson, owner of The Service Station in Pelahatchie, is a “pay it forward” kind of guy. Stop in any morning of the week, and you will find Scott and his employees gather in the front office reading the Bible and praying together.
Walter opened The Service Station in May 2010 on what he calls a shoestring budget, meaning he was the chief cook and bottle washer. In between painting the building, he would stop and change a tire or change the oil in someone’s vehicle.
He gives God the glory for the success he has achieved.
One of the best parts of coming to work is the guys he works with. “God blessed me with the right team,” Walter said.
Walter said he loves Pelahatchie and he loves being able to give back to the community that has supported him over the past six years. There are times when Scott and his team have stopped and prayed with their customers.
“It is important to glorify God through our business,” he said. “I have a customer that comes in every so often and leaves me some cash. The first time he did this, he told me to use the money for a single mother or someone in need to put tires on their car or whatever. I think this is awesome.”
The Service Station is located at 407 2nd Street (Hwy 80) in Pelahatchie.
8 a.m. -5 p.m. – Monday through Friday